Social Gender Equality
Beyçelik Gestamp follows the principles of combating social gender inequality, minimizing the vast gender gap in the economic field, and recognizing the necessity for the women of Turkey to be more active in the national economy. In this context, Beyçelik Gestramp signed the UN Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) in 2017. By signing these principles, Beyçelik Gestamp has pledged to comply with the following principles.
1. Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality,
2. Treat all women and men fairly at work-respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination,
3. Ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all women and men workers,
4. Promote education, training, and professional development for women,
5. Implement enterprise development, supply chain, and marketing practices that empower women,
6. Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy,
7. Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality.
In order to increase women's employment, the "Job Training Program Project" was implemented in 2016 with the cooperation of the Provincial Directorate of Bursa Labor and Employment Institution aimed to provide employment for all female trainees and to help them gain the competencies to easily be able to find jobs at other firms in the sector. To this day, 73 women have participated in the course under the welding labor heading in six groups. 43 trainees who completed the course worked as permanent staff.